Friday, October 11, 2024

Video Server

Well, I have been working on my Plex server the last couple of days.  Just getting some of the videos I have on it and trying to test the viewing of it when there is no internet connection.  The process is convoluted but I have a backup and it is Jellyfin.  It was a little dodgy a couple of years ago, but it has gotten better if I do say so myself.  I can also default to VLC thus the reason for working on the videos.  I had to make sure the name was recognizable when trying to play on VLC.  I have also been working on a alternative to Immich since it has gone to a paid service for any new users which means suggestion it to other people would be out of the question.  I have been looking at photo prism or Libre photos.  I plan to stay with Immich but need something else that works the same way just in case lol.

No comments: