Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Quick post

Just spent the morning getting my Galaxy Nexus Phone working and yes I said Galaxy Nexus lol!  I have had this phone since 2012 and I loved using it before Google stopped the updates to it.  I then went to a Galaxy Note 3 which I also still have but the battery has to be replaced.  The Nexus was having an issue yesterday which getting it to power on.  I would plug it into the charger, and it would see the charger but not charger or power on.  I would push the power button and it would try to start up and then get power completely off.  I left it until today and decided to take it a part to see if I could test the battery but after just reseating it seems to have done the trick and it is fully charged and working.  I have not connected it to the internet yet.  I need to see if anyone else has done this and what their results were when they connected it.
Even though that was a good morning in itself that was nothing compared to after I did my kernel upgrade for my Ubuntu server earlier today.  I went Linux 5.15.0-113-generic x86_64 to Linux 5.15.0-116-generic x86_64 and that took my resource utilization for memory from 25 percent to 15 percent.  which is amazing since I just recently installed Immich on the server and it went from 18 percent to 25 percent a couple of days ago.  Not too sure about the integrity since it did take several minutes to complete the reboot.  It appears to be working now.  I think now I am more motivated to backup the server now lol.  Heck, kernel upgrade can be easily rolled back but whew.

F.Y.I.

No comments: