Thursday, July 18, 2024

Weird

Okay

Yesterday I decided to work on my security laptop with Ubuntu on it and get it updated.  The update went fine and I managed to get some new software installed.  Later that evening I pulled out the chromebook and that was a different story for an easy update.  The chromebook ran incredibly slow and for the first 10 minutes it was unusable.  Finally, after a couple of reboots and updates to the chromeos it started working normally. So, I thought, when I tried to access my blog page, I was not getting anything.  Normally i would have thought the page was temporarily down but I was just on it a couple of hours earlier from my work laptop.  Checked the internet, checked to see if any other pages were having an issue and all is working except for the blogspot.com domain.  I decided to throw spaghetti at the wall and check the vpn connnections.  Tailscale was installed by default and was not on, so I connected to it and checked the website no affect.  I then tried connecting to Twingate and got the prompt that I can't be connected to 2 vpn's at the same time which I thought was strange since I "thought" I did that all the time from my laptop.  Not the case, it was just that the laptop and my server that have both vpn's setup on them just disconnect me from the old one when I try connecting to one of them.  I did not know that, but it makes sense.  So, after ruling out the vpn's but learning something in the process, I went to the Ad Guard instance running in my environment and after updating it magically the blogspot website started working.

Weird

Hey but it is working now lol

Learning a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: