Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Another Wednesday

Well, I got to play with Twingate and Tailscale yesterday and I like what I have seen so far.  Both allow me access to local resources when I am out and about without running a conventional vpn.  Granted the use cases I would use them for I could do using Nextcloud.  I will have to see what happens after a get Home Assistant installed and configured to test how seamless it will work with remote access to that system.  I need to get Home Assistant and Portainer installed in my homelab this week.
I am so glad in some morbid I chose to go with Ubuntu Server Core instead of using the GUI.  Learning so much being forced to use the command line to install and setup things.  It is a pain in the rearend but necessary.  I think I am about 50% with getting my homelab somewhat done lol.
Oh well!!!!!!

No comments: