Thursday, June 13, 2024

One more day!!!!!!!

Well I was able to get Portainer installed and setup on my server.  It was not as hard I I thought it was going to be which is a good thing I think lol!  I was also able to figure out the boot issue with my "Use for ethical hacking only" laptop.  Apparently, there was an issue with the kernel which was resolved when I reverted to the old kernel.  I spent a lot of hours on that one too lol!

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 14-3452

It will let me install Ubuntu on it and that is it.  No Parrot, no Kali just Ubuntu or Windows10.
Oh well

Also was able to get a little further with the printer issue.  Look, I have a lot of stuff running on my ore i3 processor box with 16 gigs of ram but that was not the problem.  It definitely looks like a configuration issue with the cupsd.conf file.  right not it is browsable on the network and I was able to bring up the cups admin console remotely from my laptop.  I think I will stop there for the say.  Youtube gets the points while google not so much.  2 YouTube videos and I got farther today due to something that makes no sense but it works
There is a difference between Listen localport:631 and Port 631 wow!  Oh and Port 631 is the right syntax.  I am making a note to backup my cupsd.conf and smb.conf when I get the printing working.  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: